Friday, February 5, 2010

My Trip

Man, it felt good to catch up with people.  I got to see a lot of friends I hadn't visited in a while and even managed to meet a few new/cool people.  It was nice to get my mind away from home for a while and helped me get motivated and inspired to use what little free time I have wisely.  Battling the dredge of winter has been difficult but I feel somewhat revitalized now.

SO.  With that said I have recently been playing a couple different Wii games.  Namely, FFCC: Crystal Bearers and Tatsunoko VS. Capcom.  Both have been holding my interest to a good extent and I will definitely be going into some detail about them when I feel I have gotten a sufficient taste of them.  First impressions are good though.

I have also been sort of dabbling in a few games that are not quite as new (I tend to be behind the curve because it saves me money) but I finished Arkham Asylum, and I am playing through a few other games in the Eidos pack from Steam (mostly Tomb Raider Legends).  When I say playing I really mean like an hour of gameplay a week... maybe.  I am also supplementing this with a bit of LOTRO and getting a feel for the skirmishes which are a breath of fresh air for the game and have really kept my interest in it alive a bit longer.

On the non-game side of things I started working on a Pathfinder campaign which I hope to run in the future.  Its based in a metropolis city filled with all sorts of evil.  A major theme in the world is going to be villains trying to fix the city in their own twisted way.  It is more than a little inspired by comic books but I am loving the feel of it so far.

I think that's about all I got for now.  More coming.

No comments: